Borough of Modena
Welcome to the Borough of Modena!
Next Council meeting will be held Monday February 7, 2022 @ 7 pm at Borough Hall.
Call secretary during business hours to make appointment to attend meeting. Masks are required for all vaccinated guests.
All council meetings will be held on the first and third Monday of the month with the following exception, unless there is a holiday and then the meeting will be held on the following day; Tuesday.
**Any community member who is interested in a Council member position, please submit a letter of interest along with a resume due to Borough Council by Friday February 4, 2022.
**Any community member who is interested in participating on a committee should attend meetings or submit a letter of interest.
Trash pick up for 2022:
Trash Pick up will be every Monday starting January 3, 2022 by AJ Blosenski
- Please have your trash curbside Sunday night. Bag limit to 3 – 32-gallon standard trash cans.
- Effective January 3, 2022, our contract with AJ Blosenski Disposal allows for weekly curbside Waste Pick up and Monthly Bulk Trash (1st Monday of the Month) of one (1) item per month. Bulk items are appliance, furniture, plumbing fixtures such as toilets; and sinks, three (3) 4-foot rolls of carpet (tied).
- Mattresses/Box SPRINGS are an extra charge and are not included in your bulk trash pickup.
- Unacceptable Materials are electronic waste (computers, televisions, etc.) chemicals, stains, liquids, batteries, automobile parts, hazardous waste, tires, tires on rims, commercial and industrial waste, construction material (drywall, brick, block, lumber, shingles, tiles, concrete, etc.).
- Residents must call AJ Bloseski Disposal to remove the above items that are not included in normal bulk/trash pick up at 610-942-2707. Residents will have pay an extra charge directly to AJ Blosenski for this service.
Change of recycling for 2022:In order to work efficiently with South Coatesville PW Dept. and Modena PW Recycling will be picked up bi-weekly on Thursdays by the Borough effective January 13, 2022. Do not place recycling in any type of trash bags, unless clear specifically stated ‘for recycling use only’, because the Borough has the right to refuse collection if guidelines are not met. There is NO LIMIT to the amount of proper recycling picked up, but it must be ‘clean’, NO food or trash. Please place recycling curbside bi-weekly on Wednesday night. Cardboard must be broken down to be picked up.
Copyright 2022 Borough of Modena. Powered by Pennsylvania State Association of Boroughs Content Management System.