Borough of Modena
Welcome to the Borough of Modena!
Trash and Recycling
- Refuse and Recycling for 2021:
- Due to the increased cost of recycling, there will not be a $10 fee per household increase for the year 2021. This will be listed on your yearly bill, that will mailed to residents mid February 2021.
- Recycling will be picked up bi-weekly starting February 5, 2021 on Fridays along with trash.
- Please separate your bins; do not combine items.
-Please place recycling curbside bi-weekly on Thursday night. Cardboard must be broken down to be picked up. We do not have designated recycling containers. There is no limit to recycling. Please drill holes in bottom of containers so water does not collect in bottom of containers. Recycling may not be collected if container is full of water/ice/snow.
Effective Monday, March 30th,2020 Eagle Disposal will be enforcing the following collection mandates in an effort to protect our frontline team members and as a result of having a limited workforce during this COVID-19 pandemic:
- All trash must be bagged and tied. If you’re in a municipality that has a mobile cart, all bags must be placed inside your mobile cart. Loose items will be not be collected.
- All recyclable materials must be placed inside your recycling container, including your flattened cardboard. Recyclable items left outside of your recycling container will not be collected.
- We will enforce the bag and/ or cart limits as designated by your municipality. If you are over your limit, your trash will not be collected.
- Bulk item and yard waste collection is suspended until further notice. We are doing this so we can continue to focus all our efforts and personnel on trash and recycling collection.
Please review attached brochure for acceptable recycling items. modena_recycling_brochure-_color_version1 2020 HHW Flyer
TRASH Trash Pick up is Every Friday -Please have your trash curbside Thursday night Effective January 1 2021, our contract with Eagle Disposal allows for weekly curbside Municipal Waste Pick up and Monthly Bulk Trash (1st Friday of the Month) of one (1) item per month. Bulk items are appliance, furniture, plumbing fixtures such as toilets; and sinks, three (3) 4-foot rolls of carpet (tied). Mattresses/Box SPRINGS are an extra charge and are not included in your bulk trash pickup Bulk Waste: Mattress- $50 for Mattress. $50 for Box Spring Unacceptable Materials are electronic waste (computers, televisions, etc.) chemicals, stains, liquids, batteries, automobile parts, hazardous waste, tires, tires on rims, commercial and industrial waste, construction material (drywall, brick, block, lumber, shingles, tiles, concrete, etc.) Bag limit to 4 – 32-gallon standard trash cans Residents must call Eagle Disposal to remove the above items that are not included in normal bulk/trash pick up. 717-355-9560. Residents will have pay an extra charge directly to Eagle for this service.
Compost Site Composting Site is open and available to all borough residents on the 2 Saturday of the month. Acceptable materials are- Leaves (no plastic bags, brown bags only) Branches, limbs, Yard Waste Compost is available pick up for residents- Site is located at 2240 Upper Gap Rd Coatesville, Pa 19320
Copyright 2021 Borough of Modena. Powered by Pennsylvania State Association of Boroughs Content Management System.